NOVEMBER 30, 2016
- In the News: Analyzing News Media Stories about Fake News
- Empowerment and Protection: Why do people alternate between optimistic and pessimistic perspectives on media?
- Review key ideas in Van Dijck, Chapter 8
- Review key ideas from Bernays Propaganda
- Review of key ideas from digital & media literacy’s historical themes
- Activity: Work with a partner to create a visual depiction of empowerment and protection perspectives in relation to social media & contemporary propaganda using one of the tools below.
- Preparing Your Ignite Talk / Final Paper/Creative Project
- Shameless plug for my Spring 2017 course on Digital Authorship (EDC 534)
LAST CLASS: DECEMBER 7
TODAY LEAP 4 is due: Reflective Essay, Nov 30